[BS/RBS list] Less than 1 week to save a life! Lots of Reminders!

Deborah Weisblatt dgweisblatt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:53:36 EST 2019

Dear Listers:

(See the TIP OF THE WEEK at the end of this post!)

BRING SOMETHING TO DO!! Since we'll hopefully have lots of donors, do
yourself a favor and bring a G'mara, crochet project, book, iPad, or
anything else that will keep you happy while you wait!

On Sunday next week, please make every effort to come and donate a pint of
life-saving blood.
Please forward this post to other email lists.
Please mark your calendars for the next Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive,
l'illui nishmat Avi Weisblatt Z"L!!!

Here are the details:

DATE: Sunday, February 10, 2019 (Or l'6 Adar 1 5779)

TIMES: 17:30 to 22:30

PLACE: Beit Knesset Feigenson, Nofei Aviv (downstairs in the Ulam Smachot)

WHO: Healthy adults ages 18 to 65 (17 with a parent's note). Other
restrictions apply. For details, see our website at *http://bd.shemesh.co.il
<http://bd.shemesh.co.il/>*.
WHAT TO BRING: Teudat Zehut, Passport, Driver's License

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Please leave your adorable children at home. We don't
provide babysitting and a blood donation center can be a dangerous place
for small children (especially while their parents are donating blood).
Arrange a babysitter or swap with a neighbor - you can watch their kids
while they donate and they'll watch yours while you donate!

TIP OF THE WEEK: At the drive, MDA tests everyone's (men and women)
hemoglobin levels. For women, hemoglobin levels must be betweeen 12.0 and
16.0; for men, it must be between 13.0 and 17.0. If you think you might not
pass your hemoglobin test at the drive, MDA staff accepts blood test
results within a week of the drive. So, go to the Kupah today or tomorrow
and get a CBC (Complete Blood Count) which includes hemoglobin. If the
results are within the acceptable range, bring the printout to the drive
and MDA will use those results instead of testing you at the drive. If the
results are not within the range, come to the drive and get tested there -
you may pass!!!

As always, if you have ANY questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact me. If I don't know the answer, I'll refer you to the nice folks at
MDA who do!!

See you on Sunday!

Deb Weisblatt (for the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee)