[BS/RBS list] BOXES ARE OUT! CHOMETS COLLECTION 2018!

Leeba Rosenthal leeba at besimcha-israel.com
Wed Mar 21 03:04:19 EDT 2018

MORE BOXES WILL BE ADDED BUT MANY ARE OUT AND LABELED.  PLEASE READ BOX LABELS!
TIZKU LEMITSVOT

Subject: CHOMETS COLLECTION 2018!

As in years past, we will be collecting closed chomets that you do not want to sell.   We will take it as ours, sell it for Pesach, and then distribute after Pesach. Some food is even taken and used before Pesach by people who don't have enough food to get through the next week.  Last year one of the  single moms who came before Pesach told me she would not have had what to feed her children if not for the food they took.

PLEASE follow the guidelines and PLEASE, if anyone asks you about this, FORWARD THIS EMAIL. Every year it takes us hours to sort thought things that have spilled b/c people do not follow the guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation!

Having been a single mom of 6 on the receiving end for a long time, I can tell you that it DOES make a difference  when one receives food that looks mechubad,  like someone  cared  enough to take that  extra minute and make it nice, vs a bag thrown into a box, half open and looking very used.
Please help us  to help those on the receiving end maintain self-respect and please give in a mechubad and generous way.  It may be true that beggars can't be choosey, but givers should be considerate.

This year we will continue our system of LABELED BOXES.    The boxes will be clearly marked.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND CHILDREN WHO CANNOT READ THE SIGNS AND WILL MISDIRECT FOOD ITEMS
.
SEPARATE BOXES:      Please note this year we are again asking to have  things sorted  as they come in.  Boxes will be out  and marked: pasta, flour, bread crumbs, candy/treats etc. PLEASE put the food in appropriate boxes to help save hours of sorting after Pesach.  PLEASE do not send small children who cannot read the signs! As you walk in to the garage there will be a row of boxes, please find the appropriate box which may mean walking into the garage .
After Pesach last year we set the garage up more like a "store" and the separate boxes gave people the opportunity to come browse for what they wanted/needed without needing to rummage through boxes of various items.  Each year we try to improve on last year to not only give food to those who need, but to help preserve their self-esteem as much as possible.
Pesach food: there will be one for kosher for Pesach items to be distributed before Pesach.  Please consider donating food to this box for those who need help to get through the chag.
FROZEN FOOD:   We will take a limited amount of frozen food, until space runs out. PLEASE CALL OR WHATS APP  BEFORE BRINGING FROZEN FOOD! Do NOT just leave it.  054 2323 410. If I do not answer, do not just "come by".   I am at times  simply unavailable.
Boxes will be out in our garage by this  Thursday   beezras Hashem .
 Anyone who has LARGE boxes that we can use we'd happily accept them (please leave in garage).
We appreciate your cooperation in this project.  May you be blessed for your generosity and may you never know what it means  to be hungry at night.
Tizku lemitsvot and chag sameach!
The Rosenthals
054 2323 410
NACHAL EL AL 6/2, IN GARAGE, NOT BY FRONT DOOR !
NOTE : dog may be on mirpeset  and may bark. Do not be startled and be aware she cannot get down to the garage area.
The chessed projects are bezchut a refuah shleima for Shifra Rivka bas Sara Yenta.