[BS/RBS list] Registration for Art Competition opens this Sunday

Sharon Rhodes sharonjceramics140 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 12:51:19 EDT 2017

Young artists , it is time again to bring out the canvas, wash the brushes,
sharpen the pencils and start creating.

Last year we had over 50 entries and I hope that word of mouth spreads so
we have even more young people across Beit Shemesh, Ramat Beit Shemesh
participating.

The exhibition will be  for one week at Matnas Meyerhoff during Chanukah.
This is open to both males and females and everyone who either attends a
 school in Beit Shemesh or who lives in Beit Shemesh and Ramat Beit Shemesh.

This competition is part of a larger Arts festival at the Matnas during
Chanukah

 *The age categories are:*

9-11, 12-14 and 15-19.

Size of work should not exceed 100x70 cms.

The topics from which they can choose are:

Ø  Views from Beit Shemesh

Ø  Light and dark

Ø  Portraiture

*Media*

Work may be:

Mixed media, water colour, oils and acrylic, pastels, pencil, fabric art,
and for the first time we are including*photography.*

Prizes will be awarded to individuals in each of the age categories, first
and second prize apart from the photography prize which will be one prize
for the best photograph in any age category

This will take place on Thursday evening, 14th December, third candle of
Chanukah, at Matnas Meyerhoff at 8.00 p.m.

Parents, students, teachers and families will be invited to attend.

The judges will include local artists

Information will also be sent out to local schools so watch out for the
yellow posters

Entry forms are available from me at sharonjceramics140 at gmail.com and from
Matnas Meyerhoff

Registration opens on *Sunday 15th October* and the closing date is *Sunday
26th November*