[BS/RBS list] WHAT HAPPENED AT SINAI – pre-Shavuot shiur

Ari Gerber arigerber at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 12:40:27 EDT 2015

Please join us for a thought-provoking class in anticipation of Shavuot as Dr. Elliott Malamet addresses the topic: What Happened at Sinai: Understanding Revelation Today.   The class will take place on Tuesday May 19th at 8 p.m. at the home of Daniel and Miriam Levi, Reuven 19.  Men and women welcome.   Dr. Elliott Malamet is the co-founder of Torah in Motion, an internationally recognized organization dedicated to teaching, discussing and debating key issues facing the Jewish world today.  He has lectured on Tanach, Jewish education, philosophy, and ethics in numerous venues including The Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto, University of Toronto , York University , London School of Jewish Studies, Limmud U.K. , among others.  He currently teaches Contemporary Literature at the Rothberg International School at Hebrew University and Jewish Philosophy at Yeshivat Machanaim in Efrat.    In his classes, Dr. Malamet examines the relation between classical Jewish texts and a variety of contemporary texts. He explores the issue of how we remain faithful to our tradition as we encounter the knowledge, conditions and autonomy that come with being a modern person.   For more information, contact Miriam Levi : danmir at netvision.net.il