[BS/RBS list] Suggestions for improvement to traffic in Bet Shemesh

Shem-Tov Shapiro shem843 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 02:40:50 EDT 2015

Moshe,    I have two main suggestions to improve the traffic in Bet Shemesh
1) Make the streets widerStreets like Maapeilei Egoz should be two lanes each way.Having only one lane each way is both dangerous and a menace to traffic.If a car is stuck or is simply being selfish then other cars have to wait a long time before being able to pass and traffic can get backed up.Furthermore, if an ambulance or fire truck has to pass then lives can be lost.
2) Traffic circles should be removed and if necessary replaced by traffic lights.Roads like Route 10 leading to the exit of the city are man thoroughfares and should be catering to automobile traffic and not pedestrians.Furthermore, we are witness to these kinds of traffic circles causing accidents instead preventing them.