[BS/RBS list] Shiur Rav Ysoscher Katz and cheesecake Sunday July 19

Miriam Zussman (JENNISON ASSOCIATES) mirzz at bloomberg.net
Wed Jul 15 12:30:46 EDT 2015

Please join us for Shiur by Rav Ysosher Katz (fascinating bio below) Sunday night 7:45 at July 19 at 16 Shimon. The topic is "Rabbeinu Taam, an 11th century model for paskening in Modern Orthodoxy". Dairy and pareve desserts will be served.                                                                                                                                             Rabbi Ysoscher Katz is the chair of the Talmud department at YCT Rabbinical school and Director of the Lindenbaum center for Halackic Studies.
Rav Katz received smicha in 1986 from Rabbi Yechezkel Roth, dayan of UTA Satmer. Rabbi Katz studied in Brisk and in Yeshivat Beit Yosef, Navaradok for over ten years. A graduate of the HaSha'ar Program for Jewish Educators, Rabbi Katz has taught at the Ma'ayanot Yeshiva High School for Girls and SAR High School. He was a leading teacher of a daf yomi class in Boro Park for over eight years.                                                                                                                                                    Please shoot me an email to let me know if you can make it, so I can make sure I have enough brownie cheesecake :-)